Society Family for Health (SFH) is the largest social marketing organization and local non-profit organization in Nigeria, with sixteen regional offices across the country and over 350 staff. SFH implements diverse public health interventions in HIVIAIDS, reproductive health, and maternal and child heaith. SFH’s activities range from product sales and distribution to behavior change communication, advocacy, research, and community mobilization. SFH’s donor platform includes DFID, the Global Fundfor HIVIAIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria, USAID, and numerous other donors.
POSITION: MEASUREMENT SPECIALIST- NIGERIA
The consortium of organizations comprised of the Society for Family Health (SFH) – Nigeria, Population Selvices International (PSI) BBC World Service Trust and Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH), organized under an upcoming 5 year USAID Cooperative Agreement entitled, Expanding SocIII Marketing Project in Nigeria (ESMP1N), seeks candidates for the position of Behavior Change Communications Specialist. The Society Family for Health will be the prime recipient of ESMPIN. This posi’don will sit within the strucrure of one of the consortium partners. The position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria. Please note: this position is contingent on funding.
The MS will be responsible for providing performance monitoring oversight of the ESMPIN as well as strengthening the capacity of the SFH Family Planning (FP) and Research Departments in the areas of performance monitoring and research.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Refining, implementing and evaluating measurement indicators and targets
• Data collection and analysis to determine the results of FP/RH/MNCHIMalaria social marketing programs
• Developing research designs for FP/RH/MNCH/Malaria including study designs, questionnaire development, analysis and dissemination
• Working closely with USAID/Nigeria in finalizing/refining appropriate indicators, and with staff at all levels of the ESMPIN in design and ilnplementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation plan
• Training country-level researchers and strengthening capacity to design studies, oversee data collection, and analyze results;
• Establishing networks of information collection and sharing, and strengthening overall monitoring and evaluation capacity
• Providing technical assistance to the research team on using mapping activities to measure coverage and access to SFH products, as well as helping to enhance reporting of SFH field activities through mapping
• Minimum 5-8 years experience in one or more large-scale social marketing and BCC program
• A Master’s degree or higher in ‘public health, international development, research or a related degree is required
• Demonstrated ability to select appropriate measures acceptable to USAID for the project to measure outputs, trends and outcomes in social marketing
• Experience in collecting and analyzing FPIRHlMNCHlMalaria social marketing and BCC data to improve program implementation and cost-effectiveness
• Experience in the design, management, analysis, and dissemination of behavioral research in public health, especially FP/RH/MNCH/Malaria
• Experience in training, monitoring and supervising all levels of program and service delivery staff in collection. interpretation and reporting and use ofFP/RH/MNCH/Malaria social marketing and BCC data
• Fluency in English required; and
The successful candidate will also have excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and cross-eultural skills; demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize a variety of tasks on short notice within designated deadlines; able to maintain efficiency in a fast-paced work environment; excellent team work skills and a demonstrated capacity to produce results.
Deadline for application is November 22, 2010.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
CLICK HERE to Apply Online
Ad ==> 3 fruits you need to eat at least once a day but you neglect, they will help improve your performance in bed